John Franklin Sprague
VFW Post 6796 Dallas, Texas

9179 Garland Rd
Dallas, TX 75218


Contact Rick Watson at


What does VFW membership get you? Without the efforts of the VFW, there would not be a VA and the many things that it offers, any type of education benefits, no housing, and no regard for veterans that have served these United States.  But we need the numbers for those that run the country as our representatives in high places to listen to our concerns as veterans.  Therefore, please join the VFW if you are eligible to do so.  Remember, it is not the price you paid to join, it was the price of you paid to be eligible.  Your service in a far off country under arms is the price you paid to be eligible to join the VFW.  VFW is the largest veterans organization in the free world, so be a part of the elite.  We need you, and we need the numbers that show that we are concerned about the issues that concerns those that have worn the uniform of our nation's defenders.  Do it today.

Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States membership eligibility consists of three criteria:

  1. Be an United States Citizenship, and
  2. Have Honorable Military Service, and
  3. Completed Recognized Service in overseas conflict identified by earning a Campaign Medal, having Service in Korea, took on Hostile Fire, or was in an Imminent Danger Pay Zone.

    Sorry, no stateside only veterans need apply.  You must have overseas duty and earned a ribbon other than American Defense. 

"Where are the eligible hostile fire and imminent danger pay zones?" you may be asking. For detailed information on which overseas areas where the Department of Defense has authorized Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay reference the following DOD publication: DoD Financial Management Regulation (7000.14R) Volume 7A, Chapter 10. (127 k) PDF file 

To become a VFW member:

  1. Download and print the PDF version of the application and complete.
  2. Attach copies of documentation proving your eligibility, i.e., DD-214 that you can get online. Form DD-214 will indicate any medals received and other criteria info needed.
  3. Mail or bring it to our post address indicated above -- include a check or money order for $35.00 payable to "Veterans of Foreign Wars".  If you bring it, ask for any of the members present at the post.

Members-at-Large may apply for transfer of membership to Post 6796 at any time and may become a Life Member by paying the proper fee when eligible.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars reserves the right to disapprove applications and to require further proof when it is necessary to prove eligibility.