John Franklin Sprague VFW Post 6796
The Largest VFW Post in North Texas!
Okay, hang on to your seats ! While we can’t really open the Post yet, we are planning some activities as follow:
- We will host the District 3 meeting & elections on May 17. District meeting will be at 11:00am. Details will be posted soon, but it will include a Business meetings (VFW & Auxiliary) and District Officer installations. The canteen will only be able to serve water, soft drinks and coffee. Please observe all current regulations on social distancing. NO lunch will be served.
- The Post will have our Post meeting & elections on May 14 at 7:00 pm. The canteen will only be able to serve water, soft drinks and coffee. Please observe all current regulations on social distancing. The next meeting will be May 28 at 7:pm.
- The Auxiliary will meet on May 7 at 7:00pm. Auxiliary elections will be held. Please observe all current regulations on social distancing.
- We are hoping to restart Bingo on May 23, with similar restrictions. More info will be put out when it’s available.
- V-Sweeps will be unavailable until we get word from the state that we can restart it.
- We will start selling ribeye steak dinners (T0-GO Only) every Friday starting on May 15. You can call in your order (214-327-9565) starting at 6:00pm. Orders can be picked up between 6:30 & 8:00pm. The Post will not be open inside.
- Questions? Contact Jerry Greene or Bill Oaks.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6796 is part of the Texas VFW – District 3
The VFW meets the 2nd & 4th Thursdays at 7:00pm
The VFW Auxiliary meets the 1st Thursday at 7:00pm
Enjoy Bingo every Saturday & Sunday afternoon at 2:00 pm. Total Payouts of $2,500
For information on the VA and local Veterans Services, contact our Service Officer, David Cohen
We work with members of our community and local organizations to help & better our community.
We serve lunch every Saturday & Sunday from Noon to 2:00pm. We serve dinner every Friday from 6:30 to 8:00pm. Check the calendar for the Friday night menus.
9179 Garland Rd. Dallas, TX 75218
We are located on the East side of White Rock Lake, on Garland Rd between Buckner Blvd and the Dallas Arboretum.
We are next to the Sonic across the street from the Lake Pointe Baptist Church.
Past Post and District 3 Commander Tony Bunton 1/15/2019